Sing it with me now...

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Stay Big!

Don't make yourself (read "myself") small...nuf said...

"Squint your eyes and look closer
I'm not between you and your ambition
I am a poster girl with no poster
I am thirty-two flavors and then some
and I'm beyond your peripheral vision
so you might want to turn your head
'cause someday you're going to get hungry
and eat most of the words you just said..."

Ani DiFranco, 32 Flavors

Addendum for Mom 9/14/07:
This is about not caving under pressure. It's easy to make oneself small in response to various stresses - so this is a reminder to be big! It's really about trying to just be oneself while letting others just be themselves. Choosing to include those last four good lines does add a "little jab" to the whole philosophy - but that would be me just being me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the addendum! I slept ever so much better! Hugs, Mom

Care said...

It's good to know that someone worries about me - I feel loved, and BIG!!!
xoxo