Sing it with me now...

Friday, November 30, 2007

For "anonymous"




Tori Amos

This link is for "anonymous" (alias "mom") who wanted to be introduced to Tori Amos' music. Just click on the blue "Tori Amos" above and you'll be connected with Tori's first ever performance on David Letterman back in 1992. I went through a number of possible attachments but settled on this version of "Crucify" since it's likely the first Tori song I fell in love with back in the early 1990's. It was probably during that same "angry" music era as Alanis Morissette - so this is the perfect introduction - the same intro I had :)

I will warn "anonymous" that you will probably not enjoy the music of Tori Amos. It has no similarity to Peter, Paul, Mary or Johnny Mathis!

Here is the chorus that fits with my 28 year old, depressed about the thought of turning 30, self back in 1992:

"Why do we crucify ourselves
Everyday I crucify myself
Nothing I do is good enough for you
Crucify myself
Everyday I crucify myself
And my heart is sick of being in chains"

No comments: