Sing it with me now...

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Don't Stop Believin'


"Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in south detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere"

Journey, Don't Stop Believin'

Whenever possible, I try to match my "one good line" blog to what's going on in the "Blue Mailbox". Today is no exception. This afternoon I heard the above song blasting from the earphones, yes, I said earphones, of a thug on MARTA. All I could do was smile in that this song, and this group, was SO awesome when I was graduating from high school in 1982. And here's this guy, with a grill a sparklin', just jammin' to Journey. If anything, I was expecting Tupac or 50 Cent to be coming from his headphones.

And even funnier is that I went to my first Karaoke bar last month and this was one of the massacred songs. Actually, the young girl did quite well considering she was probably born the year the song came out. Don't tell Doc. B. but I went to the bar during a business trip to Nashville and I'm not supposed to have fun on work-related trips :)

Anyway, is there really such a place as "South Detroit"? I'll have to ask baby sis, but isn't that just called "downriver"?

I just love 80's music and always will (knod to KO). Perhaps that's why I can't help but watching American Idol (and forcing Doc. B. to join me)? There's Randy Jackson, formerly of the band Journey, and then add Paula Abdul herself...that's about all I need.

No comments: